Thursday, March 24, 2016

Cafe' Casual Chic: Styling The Color Block Dress

This color block dress was initially a style for fall, which I've transformed into a Spring look. The thing about those two seasons is, they aren't so different (need I state the obvious). The weather is not the best (in between 40's and 60's) and it's still chilly out. It was about 60 degrees during the shoot for this look, but it was the PERFECT dress to wear for being out and about. My sandals were comfortable and I felt worked well with the outfit, though I do wish the shoes were black wedges. This type of style would be great for work, but it could be dressed down for more casual outings during your day and styled with a black cardigan for an added layer of warmth and black leggings or black hose underneath with black boots. Styling a dress like this has its challenges, but I came up with some unique styling ideas with Spring in mind which you can apply to ANY color block dress so this post is a MUST read!
For this style, I selected a hand bag that had a "block" like look to it. With its geometric square/rectangular shape, it certainly complemented the outfit as a whole. A bonus: the closure on the handbag is silver and the silver bracelet has black square shapes scattered through it, continuing the "blocking" concept in the accessories.



This dress from the back is classic, too! I love the color blocked look at all angles!
Also, silver works great with cooler colors where as gold looks best with lighter colors (with reds, oranges, and pinks...) When I style and accessorize outfits, I have color in mind and what I think looks best with my cooler skin tone. I hope you liked this post and dress! I've designed hundreds of this dress for very happy customers and I could produce one for you too. (Yes, you'll want this one!) Even if you want a different textile, I can customize that for you too! I'll be doing a series of color block outfits for my next posts and playing with prints and patterns, which are HOT right now. Be sure to subscribe to my blog and never miss these beneficial posts. My next posts will consist of 31 smoothies that transformed my health, a seven day a week cohesive style series with my brand, and more awesome stuff so keep on coming back! Comment on this post and let me know your thoughts on this style. The more comments I get the more posts I can easily categorize and organize to be sure you can easily access them and will hep me see which ones are most appreciated. Thanks again and enjoy this holiday weekend! Any fun plans for Easter?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

© FASHION FIT FUNCTION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig