Thursday, March 10, 2016

Cafe' Casual Chic: Styling Earthy with Bold Colors

I don't know what it is about earthy colors, but I like wearing them from time to time. It's a nice break from black and I personally feel earth tones lighten you up a bit. For this cafe' casual chic part of my series, I wanted to showcase one of my outfits in a more casual setting. In this instance, I wanted to use color and the flowing fabric as the drama while the camel and brown colors soften the look as a whole. 

What's nice about an outfit like this is it follows the trends without being TOO trendy. Olive is a major trend right now, and it is in this outfit, but the olive color is not wearing me. I am wearing IT and the splashes of olive colors sets the tone for this style, while making the beautiful purples and fuchsia colors explode. Check out how to transform this look from edgy to flowing and how colors really define an outfit.

If you are the type of person that doesn't always want to wear things with black, earthy tones and bold colors are a way to go and this trend I see exploding this spring/summer. Now, check out this look with the top being worn as a dress with sandals for a dressier, more feminine look in the pictures below. This shoot went to the golden hour in the evening, so you can really see how this piece transforms!
Ah, the lakefront. Isn't it beautiful? This outfit totally fits in with this type of environment. As much as I love wearing outfits with black, each week I like to change it up and incorporate more color! Plus, if you have a fair, pinkish complexion like I do, this outfit is a total compliment to your skin tone. When you've got those coffee meetings or end of the week appointments that don't require you to be totally dressed up but still look good, this is a great in between style and easy to change in and out of and switch up as your day goes by. On a spring day, you could even pair this with a camel or light brown colored jacket over it if it's a bit cold outside. Hope you enjoyed this post and be sure to subscribe so you don't ever miss an article! Also, I hope you are enjoying this nice weather and that it's pretty by you! I love it when the weather starts warming up. It's like you are coming out of a cold, dark tunnel (being winter, that is). Change of season excites me! Stay stylish and be inspiring! Feel free to comment on this look or if there are style ideas you have for these cafe' casual series posts, tell me and I'll be happy to consider them! Thanks for reading! Enjoy your Thursday!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

© FASHION FIT FUNCTION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig