Monday, March 21, 2016

In The Studio

So much happening in the Tessa Koller studio. So much! As of recently, I've challenged myself to learn the process of designing and sewing corsets. I don't know why, I just wanted to know how to do them. It felt like learning how to make corsets would propel me to the next level design wise but, I have yet to actually produce one, which I hope to try this week.

A new skill I also learned was making leather clutches, purses and bags. Since shapes have been my area of focus in my creative process, I got a burst of inspiration to design purses people have NEVER seen before. Never! I'm talkin' extreme clutches, handbags and items that while they will be simple, they will also have a unique drama. Shapes will be weaved into them. I want my brand to be more than clothes. Plus, don't you want extremely affordable accessories to go along with a chic Tessa Koller dress? YES you do!
Another project I am thrilled to be doing right now is...I am designing a prom dress for a very special and amazing young lady. I'll be making a stunning blue satin gown for her with gold as an accent color, and a sheer chiffon fabric overlaying the satin on the bottom skirt. Though I won't be designing a full blown corset for her, the type of gown I plan to create will be a beautifully draped dress with an asymmetrical bottom hem. The dress will have some structure, but there will be more drape in the front. It is an honor to produce a dress for a young gal's special senior prom. The fabric arrived today and I am beyond excited to get working on it! Did you see my Snapchat @ TessaKoller today? I dish design secrets and more, so be sure to follow!
And lastly, I am SO excited to be designing for the legend musician and radio rock star, Meg Myers, whom I met in early December in 2015. I'll be custom making her fabric with one of my original prints from a cool abstract painting (pictured in first photo above) I did recently at the Splash Bar in downtown Milwaukee! I'll be producing her a sexy musician-friendly black dress with this print mixed in (which I hope she likes!) Can't wait to show you finished products here, but it's all in the works as of today!

All of these projects I will be starting this week, so stay tuned, everyone! Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss when I post new (and stylish) looks.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

© FASHION FIT FUNCTION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig