Friday, April 29, 2016

In The Studio: Wrapped up Projects

It was another hit this week; I finished a stunning navy blue dress for a San Francisco
client, I shipped a dress off to a customer in France, and I finished a prom dress that I put my heart and soul into (among many other projects while simultaneously preparing for a photo shoot that happened today).


With the navy blue dress, I challenged myself to produce a design with lots of unique angles. When I create dresses with lots of angles, (sharp low V back with a distinct boat neck cut) I literally pulled out the protractors, rulers and I made sure the angles were crisp and perfect. It's one of the most chic dresses I produced and in real time. Any time I go to create a dress, I am heavily focused on those little intricate details and doing precisely what the customer wants. Plus, navy blue is now becoming a favorite color of mine and have used the remainder of the fabric to make another dress!
With the industrial machines I have, the sky is the limit in terms of what I can create and I like that feeling. I've been producing complex items (both clothing and accessories) that I otherwise wouldn't with home sewing machines. Upgrading your equipment is most important thing to do because it's like upgrading your entire business and transforming every product you make (or have already made).

Another project that had me working hard was the prom dress, which you may have seen on my Snapchat (user: tessakoller). I am so thrilled about how the dress turned out and I loved every second of creating it because of whom I was creating it for ( a dear friend). A prom dress is a lot like a bridesmaid dress in terms of construction and fabric selections, but I made this design to compliment the customer in multiple ways. The beautiful blue jeweled fabric complimented the customer's stunning blue eyes and she was glowing in it. I'll post finished photos of that dress in the next week or so! I'm thrilled that it's done and it's absolutely stunning!

Thank you so much for reading and subscribe to this blog so you don't miss a post. Soon, I'll be introducing a new, amazing model for the blog, showcasing some incredible fashions for the next few seasons, and some lifestyle posts on living blissfully (despite a hectic, busy life) are coming up next! Stay tuned and keep checking back!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

© FASHION FIT FUNCTION

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig